Technical Writer I
We're looking for a talented technical writer to help us create outstanding product docs and release notes. We need someone excited about technology and passionate about communicating with people in a clear, simple way.
At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What we're obsessive about:
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
We need an enthusiastic new writer in our Technical Documentation center-of-excellence. You will execute newly defined methods, standards, and practices to deliver accurate and compelling content that delights our customers. You'll be working with the senior technical writer to deliver product docs, release notes, and other resources that our customers will love. You'll also work with our User Experience team to create engaging UI copy for product interfaces and web copy.
You will thrive working in collaborative environments where you get to learn new things and share your perspective. You will enjoy working with others outside of your team to advocate for our users. You'll be methodical in your work and be comfortable working in a structured way to deliver content to deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and publish product documentation using a structured technical writing tool.
- Write and publish release notes.
- Review and edit documentation and other content for non-writer colleagues.
- Work with the UX team to create compelling UI and other UX copy.
- Recent English or Computing graduate; or 1+ years technical writing experience.
- Skilled writer and editor: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, always empathetic to the user's point of view.
- Able to write for various audiences (developers, end-users, and internal), understanding their different needs and adapting your writing accordingly.
- Desire to learn new things, new skills, and willing to push yourself to achieve your best work.
*** Please note: You must be authorized to work in the United Kingdom. We're unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Apply for this position