Support Analyst (Pro)
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses. Our mission is to make e-commerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We know that we're better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here
We have an immediate opening on the Professional Support Team for those who want to help us make e-commerce easier for everyone.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
Support Analyst (Pro Team)
As a Support Analyst (Pro Team), you will:
- Provide on-going SaaS product, API tier 1, and sales tax support for Professional customers via email cases and phone
- Spend a few hours a day on support related calls with customers
- Manage customer cases based on our support SLAs
- Be able to understand the features and needs that are important for each customer and their business
- Partner with Account Managers on escalations and customer calls
- Work across teams and provide thoughtful solutions for customers
- Track Professional customer requests and trending issues, what is most important to Professional customers and how we can best support them
- Share feedback with the Professional team based on customer interactions to improve the product and on-boarding experience
- Expert-level customer support experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience providing customer support over the phone
- Ability to translate complex topics into simple language that can be easily understood by customers without sales tax knowledge
- Keen ability to dig into issues that are unfamiliar and report findings in a logical, organized manner
- Ability to investigate an issue thoroughly, document any findings, and see it through to completion
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with professionalism and care
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software quickly
- Have experience working with APIs and e-commerce software
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks as they arise
For this role, we’re looking for people who:
- Are based in the US
- Value working remotely and thrive in that environment
- Excel at communication and collaboration
- Highly value working with people they like and respect
- Are self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Are open, accountable, and very receptive to feedback
- Are confident with their skills and who love being part of a team (we’re peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are positive and an exceptional team player - hungry, humble, and empathetic
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Once you apply, we highly encourage you to check your spam and promotion folders for application updates.
Please visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our amazing benefits for full-time employees, and to learn more about our values and how we work. You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Apply for this position