Staff Software Engineer - Back End Development
InVision made its name helping design teams create the world’s best digital products. We broadened our impact as a thought leader guiding organizations toward design maturity. We explored new territory by bringing those two streams together and pioneering visual collaboration. Now we’re taking what we've learned and built, and expanding our reach to designers and non-designers alike.
InVision is the visual collaboration platform powering the world’s best companies. The heart of InVision is Freehand, our online digital whiteboard. We built Freehand to transform the way people work together. Transformation is a bold term, but we stand by it. So do our users from Amazon, Anthem, and American Express. And that’s just the A’s. We are trusted by 100% of the Fortune 100 because we understand that collaboration is about more than just seeing each other - it’s about fueling each other. More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking to transform the way they work together. InVision’s platform, education, and community enable businesses to work across distances and disciplines to unlock the expertise of every team member and deliver powerful business results.
What sets Freehand apart is not a thousand specialized bells and whistles for power-users. What is special about Freehand is the way it puts people at ease, encourages their creativity, and elevates their individual voice so that every member of a team can contribute meaningfully. Freehand is designed to be intuitive, inclusive, versatile, and enterprise ready. It is refreshingly simple, but surprisingly robust.
We’re on a mission to transform the way people work together by helping them collaborate better. On anything. From anywhere.
We are shaping the future of work.
Come join us.
InVision is a globally distributed, 100% remote organization. Our internal culture is made up of diverse, collaborative connections across more than 25 countries – forming a community where everyone belongs, thrives, and grows.
Our team is in search of a Staff Software Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
We are hiring for multiple roles and we know your time is valuable. We have built a curated interview process with that in mind. As you make your way through the interview journey, you will meet members of the team that represent our Engineering organization, our teams are broken up into these core areas:
- Integrations: Allows InVision products to easily integrate with other design, development, and productivity tools such as Sketch, Atlassian, MSFT Teams, Slack, and more.
- Freehand: Our online whiteboarding tool that is growing exponentially and beloved for its simplicity and ease of use. Built on top of Web GL using React and GoLang.
- InVision Collaboration Products: Including document organization and discovery, commenting, notifications and developer tools
- Enterprise Platform Services: Including identity management, shared services and billing
- Studio Design Tool: Our screen design tool with real-time collaboration, responsive graphics design, advanced motion, and other capabilities. A new cloud version is in beta now.
Once you complete the interview process we will present opportunities that we feel like you would excel in and invite you to meet your hiring manager to discuss the role in more detail.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Engineering Leadership assisting with the development of the architectural strategy for large-scale cross-cutting technology and product concerns
- Have the opportunity to contribute new ideas, and the ability to share your knowledge within and outside of the InVision organization
- Mentor/Coach junior engineers in team
- Be pragmatic, know how/what to balance to deliver software with the most impact on time
- Be an ambassador for our culture where employees and customers come first, act with integrity and intelligent urgency
- Be a champion for the team in leading and improving processes towards engineering excellence
What you’ll bring:
- Strong Back End/Full Stack experience; API development, experience with Microservices
- Mastery of languages and technologies - Preferably Go, Java, C++ and or C
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code
- Great communication skills and experience/ability to work with fully remote teams
- 7+ years experience in a fast moving tech environment
- BS or MS in computer science, mathematics or a related field, or equivalent work experience
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply for this position