Sr Technical Writer - Cloud
Location: This role is open to Remote- UK or our Manchester, UK office.
Documentation at Couchbase is a crucial component of the product experience. As the Technical Writer for Couchbase Cloud, you will work closely with a global team spread across the US, UK, and India to deliver documentation that helps our customers be successful. Working in a fast-paced environment, you experience the immediate and direct impact of your contributions through frequent (monthly) releases to our rapidly growing base of global customers.
You are passionate about simplifying concepts and procedures for complex distributed systems in a simple, example-first approach. You have strong interpersonal skills and look for innovative ways to collaborate with the extended team.
- Create documentation and other help content such as tutorials, sample code, best practices, API docs, videos, to ensure the success of our customers
- Walk in the customers’ shoes by playing with the software and ensure that the documentation reflects best practices
- Work closely with the stakeholders to ensure that features, enhancements, and changes are fully documented
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver completed documentation for monthly releases
- Proactively engage with Support Engineers and other stakeholders to gather feedback and iterate frequently to keep the help content relevant and up-to-date
- Write clearly in English, using a simple, conversational tone
- Bachelor's degree in Tech/Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing
- 5+ years of experience documenting Cloud/SaaS/complex distributed systems/ cloud-native database infrastructure
- Basic familiarity with Amazon Web Service or other cloud infrastructure platforms is required
- Strong understanding of Cloud platforms, operating systems, networking, databases, and security. Knowledge of relational or document databases is preferred.
- Be knowledgeable about a wide range of cloud and open source technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with text-based authoring with Asciidoc or Markdown and collaborative authoring practices
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this position