Software Engineer (Elixir) - Integrations Team
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
- TaxJar’s remote-only team of 150+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Elixir Software Engineer who wants to help us make eCommerce easier for everyone.
We want you to join our Integrations team and scale our infrastructure to import millions of transactions a month for customers across hundreds of eCommerce, ERP, and accounting platforms. The Integrations team at TaxJar is solving interesting problems on a daily basis, supporting our growing customer base and creating new solutions in a complex domain. We deal with transforming large volumes of data at scale, rapid adoption of new platforms, and automating complex processes for thousands of business customers.
*This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
As an Elixir Engineer at TaxJar you will
- Write strong Elixir code daily
- Be challenged to solve new problems
- Review and test your teammates pull requests
- Contribute to and maintain our existing test suites
- Build out new platform integrations to import transactions
- Build out new SmartCalcs API endpoints to calculate sales tax for major platforms
- Help with improving our existing integrations for TaxJar Reports & AutoFile
- Help monitor and support 24/7 Elixir applications and services
- 2+ years experience with: Elixir and PostgreSQL
- Ability to write clear and accurate tests
- Write code that is maintainable and readable by your team
- Be accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in eCommerce
- Prior SaaS development, API development or similar app dev experience
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
Apply for this position
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 12 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more