Senior Technical Project Manager
Reporting to the Director of Technical Project Management, we are seeking Technical Project Managers to define and implement processes and workflows to drive consistent delivery of engineering initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of technology and people management skills and lead with empathy. Cross-functional agility is essential and this leader will work closely with product and engineering leadership to evangelize Recharge and create an exceptional feature experience for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Experience with project management of engineering domain(s) such as Platform, Infrastructure, Security, etc.
- Experience with crafting substantial project reports and dashboards
- Crafting a technical initiative with clarity on what the initiative is and why we should be working on it.
- Clarifying the end state vision of the initiative in certain time intervals (quarter, half, 1-3 years).
- For the area that they are working on, work with the stakeholders and particularly the Engineering Managers to set up clear, ambitious goals that are bought in and agreed upon.
- Work with the Engineering Manager and a Technical Lead to decompose ambiguous technical problems into tracks of work, clarifying and prioritizing deliverables, and identifying owners.
- Identifying inefficiencies in processes, products, and technology and driving improvements.
- Identify bottlenecks and ensure strong communication between groups.
- Ensuring timely and successful execution which includes:
- Tracking progress across the organization and teams for tracks of work
- Managing cross team dependencies
- Unblocking execution
- Preventing scope creep
- Risk management
- Communicating project and initiative plans and progress including:
- Roadmaps, quarterly plans
- Celebration of wins and creating awareness
- Setting expectations and timelines
- Updating on status
- Highlighting risk
What You'll Bring
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, including technical leaders and executive management.
- Detail oriented and ability to drive initiatives to completion
- Exposure to high growth, large-size companies
- Experience performing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Technical understanding of the software development process
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- 5+ years of results oriented track record of managing technical projects and practical problem solving under tight timelines.
- Experience with Jira, confluence and the Atlassian stack.
- Experience working with both Agile and development methodology and PMP or equivalent qualification.
Who we are
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 300+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Apply for this position