Senior Software Engineer, Security (EMEA)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Product Experience Insights software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site. As part of our Engineering team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful security engineers who are passionate about building great products. Someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
About the job:
- You will create production grade Python code and implement authentication, authorization, and security solutions in our product.
- Collaborate with our Security Specialist to ensure we address incoming reports from our bug bounty program and meet our security SLAs.
- Track new browser changes, vulnerabilities, and security updates that can affect the security of our application.
- Build the next version of our authentication and authorization layers.
- Build and take full ownership of components of the Hotjar platform, in addition to building and maintaining dashboards monitoring essential application and business metrics.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Lead a “shift-left” approach to security in our development practices.
- Collaborate with engineers and have involvement in technical decision-making.
- 5+ years background in software engineering.
- Experience building OAuth, SAML, SSO, and related solutions.
- Experience using Git, Python and PostgreSQL.
- Experience pentesting, security CTFs, as well as assessing and fixing browser based vulnerabilities is a plus.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The compensation range for this role is €75,000 to €100,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
Apply for this position