Senior SEO Specialist (f/m/d) - Berlin/Remote
Hi there!! We are looking for a Senior SEO Specialist, who will help us improve the most advanced content platform worldwide. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate, and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 50,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery, and Shure.
We are focused on product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user-facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your Team and Role
As a Senior SEO Specialist, you will take complete ownership of the operational and technical SEO at GraphCMS. You will work in the Marketing Operations team. You will have complete control and full support over establishing the short-term tactics and long-term strategy for SEO as we strive towards retaining and growing Organic/Inbound as our strongest channels going forward.
What you will be working on
- SEO hygiene: Ensuring we keep our site groomed and free of technical issues on an ongoing basis. Working closely with the marketing engineering team to ensure that any issues found are taken care of. You will also be regularly conducting content audits to find opportunities on improving and updating older content.
- Operational SEO: Working closely with the content team on ensuring that all issues on the website are resolved from a content perspective. You will be working well aligned with the Content, Marketing Engineering, and Product Marketing teams, to ensure that all pages are well optimised and implemented.
- Content: You will be working with the wider Marketing and Developer Relations team to contribute to the content roadmap. We create a wide range of freely accessible content (blog, academy, guides, docs, tutorials, videos, etc.) that will require close collaboration and planning between Content and SEO.
- Analytics and Reporting: You will be taking ownership of monitoring and analysing our performance across major search channels to improve rankings. You will be creating and shipping reports to inform the company about SEO performance, and put together ad-hoc reports for various situations.
What we expect from you
- You have 4+ years of experience working in a similar role, preferably at a high-growth B2B SaaS company.
- You are an experienced SEO manager focused on the more technical side, with a preference for working independently and taking ownership.
- You have a deep knowledge of technical SEO, structured content, sitemaps, JS-powered websites, long-term SEO strategies, and ideally, SEO with a Headless CMS.
- You have a strong understanding of how PPC/SEM impacts SEO.
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally, as well as with a leadership team
- Strong understanding of wider digital marketing channels and how they work together.
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail with a data-informed mentality and willingness to take risks.
- Expertise with common stacks including Google Marketing Platform (Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager specifically), aHrefs, and SEMRush, as well as knowledge of HTML, CSS, and ideally JS. Knowledge in Python would be nice to have but is not a requirement.
- The ability to learn quickly and keep up to date with the latest changes in the industry.
- Exceptional communication skills and fluency in English.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding and ready to support each other.
- Our “manager of one” work style enables a workplace that is run through trust and empowers people to perform their best.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
Apply for this position
- Intro call with People Manager
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s)/Assignments and (or) Case studies
- Team-fit conversation