Senior Quality Engineer, WooCommerce
We’re the company behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more! We are looking for Senior Quality Engineers to help us bring the dream of democratizing the web to life.
What have we worked on recently?
- WordPress.com is our flagship product. 38% of the web is built on WordPress.
- Gutenberg is a new block-level editor with clean abstractions for users, too, not just developers.
- Jetpack is a plugin that brings cloud-scale features to self-hosted sites and our latest addition is Backup, think git for WordPress sites.
- WooCommerce turns any WordPress site into an e-commerce powerhouse.
- WordPress, Simplenote and other native apps for Android and iOS.
- Tumblr is where interesting people go to create, collect, and converse about whatever they’re passionate about.
To view more of our recent work, check out our longer product list on Automattic.com.
Our QE’s are embedded in multi-functional product teams to advocate quality and continuous improvement at every stage of the software development process. Currently, we are looking to expand our team and hire Senior Quality Engineers for the WooCommerce team.
Let’s talk about you. The Senior Quality Engineer position might be a good fit if you:
- Deeply understand test methodologies such as functional, integration, regression, globalization, localization, and performance testing.
- Are disciplined, with an eye for detail, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Triage efficiently, prioritizing issues by the highest impact and scope. You know how to get the right bugs fixed.
- Are comfortable in a collaborative, agile, and distributed development environment.
- Are unabashedly customer-focused.
- Are an evangelist for quality who is willing to spread proven methodologies and a quality attitude to the rest of the engineering org. You are always looking for a better way to do things.
- Can quickly assimilate whatever technologies are needed for a project.
- Have the ability to objectively evaluate overall release quality and advise on go/no-go decisions.
- Are highly collaborative, love participating in code reviews, and discussions about architecture or design.
- Are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet up with your teammates in person. Important note: at the moment all company travel has been suspended due to COVID-19. Automattic is monitoring government and health agency reports closely and responding however possible to prioritize safety and well-being for our team and communities.
- WordPress programming experience.
- Prior experience in being a Technical Lead.
- Open-source contributions or contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- These are exciting times at Automattic and you’ll have an outstanding opportunity to shape the future of our products. Join us! We look forward to hearing from you.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in [automattic-country-count] countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
Apply for this position