Senior Manager, Personal Income Tax
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Manager, Personal Income Tax, joining our Finance team.
- Prior experience or demonstrated proficiency with leading a personal income tax team, holding at least 10 years of experience, consultancy background considered a plus.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree level. Specialization in taxation or finance related discipline is preferable.
- Proficiency in tax management applications.
- You have strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail.
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with different stakeholders.
- Writes and speaks fluent English, other languages, such as French, German and Spanish are considered a plus.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Coordinate the activities of the personal income tax and social security department
- Schedule and delegate activities among the employees in the department
- Ensure that the department renders quality tax services to the business
- Prepare tax reports, correspondence, and research memoranda
- Assist or advice clients on how to avert task risks
- Assist or advice clients on how to manage tax burdens
- Identify factors that may lead to tax risks
- Carryout research on new tax laws and trends
- Work closely with the staff and managers of other key departments
- Network with other professionals in the field to remain up to date with changes in tax laws and trends
- Provide tax data for clients and third party professionals.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Senior Director of Tax, Accounting and Finance
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with the Senior Director of tax, Accounting and Finance (future manager)
- Interview with Director of Treasury
- Interview with the VP of Finance
- Background Check
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Thank you!
Apply for this position