Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, joining our Finance team.
- Prior experience in a this role for 3+ years
- Prior experience and proven performance in technical accounting research and preparation of position papers
- Prior reporting experience in compliance with US GAAP, Dutch GAAP, IFRS and local statutory reporting requirements for a multinational organization including stat to GAAP reconciliations
- Knowledge and experience with transfer pricing, inter-company transactions and eliminations
- Prior responsibility for consolidated reporting for a multinational organization
- Prior experience and proven performance with financial reporting for publicly listed entities
- Prior experience with responsibility for accounting policy and procedures
- Prior experience and proven performance managing the audit function
- Experience with accounting for entities with multiple functional currencies
- Tech/start-up experience
- Prepare financial reporting packages for management, investors, statutory filings etc.
- Responsible for statutory compliance reporting worldwide using SAP and other tools and systems as required.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Proactively update and monitor the progress of global statutory filings.
- Validate that local statutory financial statements reconcile to US and Dutch GAAP financial statements.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive accounting policy and procedure documents.
- Assist in the coordination of external audits and reviews.
- Ensure that global policies and procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Liaise with FPA and Tax to ensure that reporting is in place to support forecasting and transfer pricing analysis.
- Manage the annual budget process.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Senior Director of Finance, Tax and Accounting
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Senior Director of Finance, Tax and Accounting
- Interview with other Finance Leader(s)
- Interview with VP Finance
- Background Check
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below.
Apply for this position