Senior Engineering Manager
InVision made its name helping design teams create the world’s best digital products. We broadened our impact as a thought leader guiding organizations toward design maturity. We explored new territory by bringing those two streams together and pioneering visual collaboration. Now we’re taking what we've learned and built, and expanding our reach to designers and non-designers alike.
InVision is the visual collaboration platform powering the world’s best companies. The heart of InVision is Freehand, our online digital whiteboard. We built Freehand to transform the way people work together. Transformation is a bold term, but we stand by it. So do our users from Amazon, Anthem, and American Express. And that’s just the A’s. We are trusted by 100% of the Fortune 100 because we understand that collaboration is about more than just seeing each other - it’s about fueling each other. More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking to transform the way they work together. InVision’s platform, education, and community enable businesses to work across distances and disciplines to unlock the expertise of every team member and deliver powerful business results.
What sets Freehand apart is not a thousand specialized bells and whistles for power-users. What is special about Freehand is the way it puts people at ease, encourages their creativity, and elevates their individual voice so that every member of a team can contribute meaningfully. Freehand is designed to be intuitive, inclusive, versatile, and enterprise ready. It is refreshingly simple, but surprisingly robust.
We’re on a mission to transform the way people work together by helping them collaborate better. On anything. From anywhere.
We are shaping the future of work.
Come join us.
InVision is a globally distributed, 100% remote organization. Our internal culture is made up of diverse, collaborative connections across more than 25 countries – forming a community where everyone belongs, thrives, and grows.
Our team is in search of a Senior Engineering Manager to help us change the way digital products are built.
About the Team:
The Design Collaboration team owns the prototyping space at InVision and is also building greenfield experiences to enable designers to share and work with other personas in an organization. It is doing this by leveraging its strong collective experience in tooling for designers to enhance existing prototyping products and create related workflows and user experiences. This is being done iteratively so it can respond quickly to user feedback and as it learns more about collaborating personas. This knowledge is then incorporated into new opportunities that serve additional personas enabling the team to reach into other parts of an organization beyond designers.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 8-10 engineers
- Create a culture of innovation on the team where ideas are generated to make the best possible customer experience
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineering leaders to develop an engineering roadmap that supports both current and future visual collaboration needs
- Technically lead developers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross-team initiatives.
- Be responsible for delivering projects that span across the stack (front-end, back-end, & native software)
- Ensure that the team is meeting or exceeding its operational SLAs.
- Set effective and measurable goals for team and individual levels
- Communicate clearly with product owners, engineers, other engineering leaders s
- Run team rituals such as stand ups, planning, backlog grooming, etc.
- Work with design, product, and engineering leaders to organize reports, metrics, and KPIs
- Consistently evaluate team processes for efficiency and refine them
- Mentor and help grow engineers on their career path.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of 8+ software engineers owning and operating full stack products.
- 8+ years of software development experience in both front and back end technologies (latter preferred).
- Proven track record in shipping products and solutions in a fast-paced and large scale environment
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Exhibit strong bias for action, absolute willingness to own problems and drive towards speedy solutions
- A passion for operational excellence and a drive towards creating performant and reliable applications through metrics-driven decisions
- Keen eye for details and delivering quality products on tight timelines; you can motivate your team to find solutions which may be outside of the box
- Ability to comprehend and understand complex systems as a whole, and also to focus in and communicate relevant aspects of the system to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and milestone management skills
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply for this position