Senior Design Educator
Are you an experienced UX designer who loves to guide and help aspiring designers? Do you find joy in enabling people to become better designers and in teaching others the power of great design?
The Interaction Design Foundation is the biggest online design school globally. Founded in 2002, we have over 100,000 graduates and counting. And we want you to help us shape the future of online design education.
If you want the opportunity to do the best work of your life and are hungry to develop yourself professionally even more, then you’ve come to the right place!
What can we offer?
- A full-time, fully remote position with the world’s biggest online design school.
- You will have dailyvideo-based contact with your colleagues and will get to meet them on team trips 1–2 times a year in different places on the planet.
- Join a team of true professionals to realize the goal of creating the best design school in the world.
- A culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect.
What will you be doing?
You will be working in the Education and Bootcamp teams. Since we embrace cross-team collaboration, you will likely also work with our Design, Growth and Development teams. Your responsibilities will have several dimensions. To some extent, they can be adapted to your skills and interests.
Ahead of you is a highly rewarding and enriching journey on which you will make an impact as you:
- Create and improve our existing world-class educational materials on topics such as UX, UI, Design Thinking and more—in the form of articles, engaging videos, templates, exercises, and much more.
- Teach one or more of our Bootcamps. You’ll deliver live instruction over Zoom to classrooms of Bootcamp students.
- Work with Bootcamp Coaches to constantly optimize and deliver the best possible learning experience for students.
- Help push the quality of our educational materials to new heights—exceeding the very best in both industry and academia.
- Take the lead in the editorial processes to create courses for tens of thousands of designers worldwide. You’ll work with some of the world’s best instructors and create, as well as edit, video-based and text-based online courses.
- Apply your editorialskills in helping your colleagues grow and become better communicators, educators and writers; just as they will help you.
If you want even more opportunities to show the world what you can do, you’re in luck! When you're willing to do the hard work of learning and growing, then you’ll find virtually limitless opportunities with us.
- You are an expert wordsmith with an eagle eye for the tiniest details and a keen ear for flow. You know perfection is in the sum of everything you do, and each word matters deeply to you.
- You have more than 5 years of hands-on experience with teaching and/or practicing UX/UI design, and have a keen sense of communication. As a result, you have outstanding design and communication skills.
- Education is an art you live and breathe. You know how to reach into the lofty heights where abstract ideas live—and bring them down to “street level” so our members can hit the ground running with the valuable lessons you help them easily digest.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement and goals. Mediocrity gives you the chills.
- Your responsibilities will range widely, so you must be adept at dividing broad duties into small, executable tasks and not lose sight of your overall mission. “Getting stuff done” is your middle name.
- You love a perfect result but are keenly aware of the law of diminishing returns—when to apply it, or when to go all in.
- Because you know that excellence should always have a human face, you can enhance the wow factor of our materials, from fine-tuning the best quiz questions to ensuring our members can apply their learning through exceptional templates.
- You know that you will only accomplish your goals through solid judgement, hard work and diligence.
- You have strong social intelligence and empathy—and the ability to engage well with different types of people through writing.
- You have a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in User Experience, HCI, Information Technology, Communications or another related field.
- You are a native or bilingual English speaker.
- You get bonus points if you …
- have past experience as a design teacher, mentor, coach or facilitator.
- have worked as an editor or created online courses.
- have experience as a team lead.
- have worked with video production.
- have experience with working remotely.
How to learn more and apply
You can learn more about our Work Culture and Values here: https://www.interaction-design.org/careers
Please apply as soon as you can—we’re firm believers in the adage “the sooner, the better”, and we look forward to working with you!
Apply for this position