A DBA is responsible for the support and runtime of all Database resources in the environment, ensuring they are performing at the requirements of the business and our customers. DBAs are expected to take guidance from more senior members of the team while working autonomously.
Our stack includes: GCP, Kubernetes, CloudSQL/MySQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Fivetran, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Nginx, Redis, ElasticSearch, Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What you'll bring
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Support code with a focus on database efficiency and resilience.
- Support the Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Exhibit good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug poor performance queries and SQL databases.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the applications database access layer.
- Support the health and runtime of all Database resources in the environment
What You'll Bring
- Typically, 4+ years of relevant Database design and support in fast paced environments
- Experience relevant to the technologies required of the role’s domain
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experienced with cloud computing
- Expertise regarding query performance and addressing issues with common SQL behaviors.
- Proficient with SQL and willing to learn Python access methods.
- Experience with RabbitMq, Kafka, or other cloud based eventing and messaging solutions
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code, and automation
- Experience with Continuous Development using Liquibase and CI/CD
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact
- Ability to learn and work with new technologies and databases
- Willing to lead a project from beginning to end
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, auto-scaling, pub-sub architectures, serverless a plus
Engineering at Recharge
- Our values set our tone and pace! We make every day count as if it were Day One. Our collective success is driven by our individual Ownership. We communicate with care and Empathy. And we approach every task with a learner's open mind and Humility.
- We look for engineers who have strong coding fundamentals, are pragmatic about getting work done, focus on the customer, understand scale, are adaptable to growth and change, and are self-sufficient enough to thrive in a remote-work environment. Our Engineering Interview Process is designed to focus on these key attributes while giving candidates a candid view into what it’s like to work here.
- Our interview process begins with an informational conversation, followed by one-on-one interviews with cross-functional teammates, and concludes with meeting a technical leader. Teammate sessions include hands-on-keyboard technical assessments as well as reviews of relevant projects and career experience.
- Technical challenges make everyday a growth experience and leadership opportunity for teammates at all levels. We serve increasingly sophisticated e-commerce merchants who need new, flexible, feature-rich APIs. We process billions of dollars in recurring payments and we continually expand to support new e-commerce platforms, payment types, geographies, currencies, data capabilities, and advanced e-commerce workflows.
- Engineering culture at Recharge is inclusive and people focused. This focus is on our merchants, their shoppers, and our teammates. We move fast, deliver quality low-risk changes to production multiple times a day, and work with high trust and efficient collaboration.
- Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, SQLAlchemy and MySQL
Who we are
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 300+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Apply for this position