Senior Accountant, Payroll
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Payroll Accountant, joining our Accounting team.
- Prior experience and expertise with payroll administration and/or payroll reporting for a multinational organization.
- Knowledge and experience concerning the taxability of income, deductions and employer paid benefits in different jurisdictions.
- Knowledge and experience with expense reimbursement and reporting including knowledge of accountable plans, applicable policies and statutory requirements.
- Economics, management or accounting degree with deep knowledge and expertise from working in the field.
- Experience with IFRS and US GAPP.
- Knowledge of payroll softwares and systems, namely SAP and Sage.
- Prior experience working with an ERP accounting system such as SAP.
- Knowledge of EOR and PEO business models a plus.
- Writes and speaks fluent English, other languages, such as French, German and Spanish are considered a plus.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Ensure the timely, complete and accurate recording of payroll in the accounting records including proper accruals for holiday and statutory accruals.
- Maintain compliance with company policy, GAAP, internal controls, SOX and local legal requirements.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts to payroll records and payments and resolve any discrepancies.
- Provide advise and functional expertise to other teams such as Payroll Operations, Billing, Customer Experience, People and International Expansion.
- Support the annual reporting of payroll information.
- Support the year end audit of payroll records by internal, external and government authorities.
- Maintain expertise through the study of existing, new and pending legislation.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Sr Manager, Payroll Accounting
- Team: Accounting
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with a Senior Accounting Manager
- Interview with the Senior Director of tax, Accounting and Finance
- Background Check
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Thank you!
Apply for this position