Remote Systems Engineer Kafka Specialist
We are looking for an experienced Linux systems engineer with knowledge of Kafka to join our team.
Our team provides managed Kafka clusters for use by other teams, and we manage the infrastructure that is used to accomplish this. We are responsible for deploying virtual infrastructure to our OpenStack private cloud. We also build and maintain all the systems used for monitoring, logging, monitoring, and deployment of our systems and services.
Are you a systems engineer who has experience with Kafka? Come help us evolve our Kafka service, and be a part of the future of Tucows!
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience working with and solving issues with Linux-based systems.
- You have experience maintaining infrastructure via configuration management (i.e. SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar) and infrastructure as code (i.e. Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar).
- You have experience working with Kafka and related components, such as schema registry.
- You have a passion and a talent for automation.
- You have worked with public or private clouds (i.e. OpenStack, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- You are comfortable working with Git and GitHub.
- You are a great teammate who enjoys learning from others, as well as helping others learn.
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Salary and compensation
$100,000 — $150,000/year
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.
Apply for this position