All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
The infrastructure team enables Chainlink development and maintains services that support the health of the most widely adopted oracle network in the world. As a Release Engineer, you will stand at the intersection of our Infrastructure, Core, and QA teams, overseeing all parts of the release process for all Chainlink services and tools. You will improve CI/CD pipelines to increase developer velocity in all teams across the company, and work towards stable, repeatable, fully automated builds of all parts of the Chainlink ecosystem.
This high-visibility role is perfect for a person with substantial CI/CD knowledge and exceptional communication skills, passionate about shipping great products and creating product impact.
We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work. In the Infrastructure team, we follow the infrastructure-as-code approach and practice GitOps. You are not expected to be on call in this role and can choose your working hours—except for scheduled meetings and the release process that will require your full attention.
We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we've usually had a great time working with, but they're not a tick-box exercise.
- Lead the cross-team release process and see it to completion, ensuring efficient collaboration between Core, QA, and Infrastructure teams.
- Build and improve CI/CD pipelines for all parts of the Chainlink ecosystem, including Chainlink builds, adapters, and external-facing services.
- Create and maintain documentation and playbooks for the release processes of Chainlink and Chainlink-adjacent tools and services.
- Increase developer velocity by identifying areas of improvement in all parts of our software development life cycle and implementing necessary changes.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps, SRE, and software engineering roles. You have worked in a DevOps or SRE team and are comfortable with most parts of our infrastructure stack (below).
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and build tools. You either have worked as a release engineer before or have similar experience being chiefly responsible for CI/CD in a startup.
- Strong programming knowledge. You can read, understand, and debug code written in Go and TypeScript; you can get to the bottom of build failures and aid developers in fixing them.
- Excellent communication skills. You have coordinated critical initiatives across several teams in a fully remote environment.
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies.
- Experience with Chainlink as a developer or a node operator is a big plus.
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- We are giving slight preference to candidates who live in the UTC-7 to UTC-4 range due to the location of people whose work you will coordinate, but we can make most time zones work.
Some of the tools and services we use daily or almost daily are:
AWS; Terraform/Terragrunt; Kubernetes, Calico and ArgoCD; Prometheus and Grafana; GitHub Actions; Packer
We expect you to have exceptional knowledge of most of the build and CI/CD tools we use and be comfortable with the rest of our stack.
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this position