Product Marketing Manager
The role requires someone who has worked in a product marketing function before and wants to apply their experience to a lovable SaaS product with a large and loyal customer base.
Your mission: to generate customer stories that inform Toggl’s marketing strategy, turn our website pages into engines of conversion, and create campaigns that drive product growth. You’ll be responsible for presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales.
For this role, you should be a creative and quantitative thinker. You are familiar with various product marketing techniques, like email campaigns and pricing strategies. Your goal will be to develop and implement the most effective strategies to position and promote our products.
Your days might be spent interviewing users for case studies, refining personas based on information from Business Intelligence, recording a webinar, crafting landing page copy with a specific end-goal in mind, or helping the Marketing team with a collaborative campaign. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Toggl, working with Communications, Sales, Product, and Customer Support, to name a few.
Our company has always worked remotely. You must be comfortable working on a truly global team, from wherever your home office is located.
- Study company products and translate technical details into benefits for the user
- Gain a deep understanding of Toggl Track and how users benefit from using it
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Think about how stories, pricing, and content align with the product’s value proposition
- Identify existing gaps in our product marketing and generate new ideas that improve our communication and drive growth
- Follow and analyze market trends to position products
- Own and develop our positioning in the software productivity space
- Share learnings around customer needs and challenges with the broader team to drive product and business decisions
- Develop product marketing strategies (pricing, advertising, product launching)
- Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns)
- Work with various teams (design, content, demand gen, product, sales) to implement strategies
- Test marketing product features, releases, and ad copy
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
- You have proven experience that spans marketing, product marketing, copywriting, and design
- Background in a global technology company, ideally a SaaS company
- Experience in market analysis
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and don’t need to wait for a micromanager to tell you what to do each day
- You have intellectual curiosity and genuine customer empathy
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Belief in our mission to improve how people work