Producer / Showrunner
Defiant, Inc. is hiring a full-time video Production Showrunner to work collaboratively with Marketing, Customer Support, and other stakeholders to identify and develop content that creates positive opportunities for the brand. The person hired will be expected to produce two videos per week for publication on YouTube, working both independently and as a part of a team. Content will be specific to WordPress users with a wide range of coverage. For example, some content may focus on specific WooCommerce implementations, while other content might explore customization of headers and footers with a specific page builder. This role will be heavily involved with our YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/Wordfence1.
This is a 100% remote position working from a home office and on location, as needed, with required core hours of 10am - 1pm Pacific Time.
- Create engaging video content relevant to technical and non-technical WordPress users on a regular cadence of twice per week by evaluating analytics and making recommendations and decisions to find and act on opportunities.
- Develop storyboards, write scripts, set deadlines, and select optimal forms of media for video content.
- Develop production schedules; plan video shoots; and scout, select, and reserve shoot locations.
- Select and hire additional crew and talent; direct and coach talent; make transportation arrangements for crew, talent and equipment; and ensure all location power needs are met.
- Manage video library, organizing videos appropriately, creating playlists where it makes sense, cross linking videos where related, and adding effective end screens.
- Generate titles and thumbnails based on identifiable and demonstrable market trends.
- Manage community comments and engagement on YouTube.
- Manage translations via internal systems where required.
- Establish achievable goals and measure success.
- Three plus years of production experience with the ability to create relatable educational and instructional content for technical and non-technical WordPress users.
- Strong expository writing skills with experience writing social media content and video scripts, including the ability to explain technical concepts to technically adept and novice users.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of WordPress as a current user.
- Proven track record of making technical educational and/or instructional content.
- Post-production skills including video editing, video transcoding. and asset management.
- Familiar with VidIQ and other YouTube marketing tools.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
Our Application Process
We ask all applicants to respond to a set of assessment questions as part of the initial application. We review all applications submitted and respond to all candidates usually within a week. All interviews are done remotely with no travel involved.
All positions require a trial period of approximately 3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from an offer of employment with the company.
- Full time telecommuting and flexible working hours, with a company that has been 100% remote for over 8 years.
- 100% employee premium and 50% of dependent premium paid by company for premier- level medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 21 days PTO per year to start.
- 12 paid company holidays including the week from December 25 to January 1.
- 401(k) with a 4% Safe Harbor company match that is 100% vested immediately.
- Latest in laptop and workstation technology.
- Wellness reimbursement program for health and fitness purchases.
- Mobile phone and internet reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Monthly beverage reimbursement for coffee, tea, water, etc.
- Paid training and study time for work-related training and certifications.
- College tuition reimbursement.
Diversity at Defiant
We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, economic status, parental status, or any other non-performance-related status.
Apply for this position