Legal Counsel (EMEA)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we're building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
As a member of our Compliance team and reporting to our Senior Legal Counsel and Data Protection Officer, you'll be a critical part of the workflow of legal matters at Hotjar. You'll lead and participate in compliance projects to address topics spanning many different legal areas.
You'll be part of a team which focuses on ensuring our customers can use our software in compliance with applicable regulations.
Working alongside other compliance team members and external counsel as necessary, you'll draft, review, advise and update legal correspondence, external and internal documentation, customer correspondence, and more to enable us to reach our vision.
- Manage contractual compliance of Hotjar's commitments to its customers and team members.
- Facilitate the review of legal documents (incoming contracts, NDAs, Data Processing Agreements, addendums, and vendor and partner agreements, etc.).
- Review, and where necessary negotiate the terms and conditions in contracts and legal documents for tools and vendors we engage with, analyze, and assess their risk.
- Manage and participate in compliance-related projects including:
- Data protection regulations
- Product development
- Financial regulations
- Labor and fair wage
- Audit Schedules (financial, security, contractual, etc.)
- Be an internal advocate on data protection and assist the Company's Data Protection Officer where required.
- Implement internal processes for managing Hotjar's legal and compliance workflows, and tracking and record-keeping to fulfill Hotjar's contractual obligations.
- A European law degree.
- Experience with Data Protection Legislation and standard contractual or business agreements for a European company.
- Experience in leading and successfully delivering legal projects.
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills.
- A business enablement approach to legal and compliance matters.
- Must be customer-obsessed - You will support external customers and internal team members, and work with our trusted legal partners.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €65,000 to €90,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
Apply for this position