Lead Security Engineer - Compliance & Risk
InVision made its name helping design teams create the world’s best digital products. We broadened our impact as a thought leader guiding organizations toward design maturity. We explored new territory by bringing those two streams together and pioneering visual collaboration. Now we’re taking what we’ve learned and built, and expanding our reach to designers and non-designers alike.
InVision is the visual collaboration platform powering the world’s best companies. The heart of InVision is Freehand, our online digital whiteboard. We built Freehand to transform the way people work together. Transformation is a bold term, but we stand by it. So do our users from Amazon, Anthem, and American Express. And that’s just the A’s. We are trusted by 100% of the Fortune 100 because we understand that collaboration is about more than just seeing each other - it’s about fueling each other. More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking to transform the way they work together. InVision’s platform, education, and community enable businesses to work across distances and disciplines to unlock the expertise of every team member and deliver powerful business results.
What sets Freehand apart is not a thousand specialized bells and whistles for power-users. What is special about Freehand is the way it puts people at ease, encourages their creativity, and elevates their individual voice so that every member of a team can contribute meaningfully. Freehand is designed to be intuitive, inclusive, versatile, and enterprise ready. It is refreshingly simple, but surprisingly robust.
We’re on a mission to transform the way people work together by helping them collaborate better. On anything. From anywhere.
We are shaping the future of work.
Come join us.
Our team is in search of a Lead Security Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
Our experienced security team manages all areas of application security, platform security, compliance, audit, and risk. We build and protect the systems that enable companies to create designs that make everything possible. You will be part of a unique team that develops and manages compliance with audit requirements and other frameworks, as well as the identification of risk that doesn’t inhibit speed and innovation for product development. This position will report to the Security Engineering Manager of Compliance, Audit, and Risk.
What you’ll do:
- Build out a mature risk management function including risk assessments, remediation plans, and establishing metric reporting
- Understand risky business. Take traditional risk management concepts and apply them to out of the box situations and complex technologies that drive acceptable business resolutions as a co-owner
- Help us be compliant. Develop roadmap initiatives based on customer needs (e.g.: GDPR, SOC 2, PCI, FedRAMP, etc.) and drive them through readiness and gap assessments, control implementation, and internal/third party audits
- Facilitate the completion of customer Security Reviews, including customer security and privacy questionnaires, customer calls, and customer audits
- Partner with BizTech, Engineering, and other organizational leaders to identify and monitor vendor and integration partner risks - through both compliance questionnaires and reviews, as well as through technical implementation reviews and validations
- Partner with Legal to review customer, vendor, and integration partner contractual language to reduce risks associated with Security and/or Privacy controls, requirements, and/or commitments
- Delight in the details. Respond to questionnaires and emails, conduct research, lead calls, and communicate with internal/external stakeholders using explicit technical details and professionalism
- Build knowledge, not perfection. Ability to create diagrams or necessary customer artifacts including policies, standards and procedures, and surface work to build on areas that need improvement
- Empower others. Share information, build relationships, and collaborate across all aspects of security, sales, legal, and engineering with candor and compassion
- Secure organization. Provide operational support that includes on-call rotation to respond to security alerts and events
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years’ experience in Information Security
- 5+ years’ experience in areas of compliance, audit, and risk; preferably at a startup
- Experience managing corporate, customer, vendor, and integration risks
- Working understanding of risk concepts applied within cloud-native technology stacks
- Self-directed and motivated to foster creative problem solving as well as out of the box thinking
- Polished professionalism developed through consulting or engaging directly with customers, auditors, and third-parties
- Bonus points for broad exposure to complex and cutting edge technologies such as containerization, real-time threat detection, secrets management, continuous deployment, and aws/DevSecOps tools
- Additional bonus points for broad exposure to building / bolstering risk programs, integrating security and privacy controls and/or programs, and experience with initial implementations for ISO and/or FedRAMP tailored frameworks
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply for this position