Head of Demand Generation
TaxJar is seeking a dynamic demand generation leader with a compelling record of creating and executing marketing campaigns to deliver revenue growth. You will be responsible for new customer acquisition and will lead a portfolio of online and offline marketing programs to acquire and engage customers.
In this player-coach role, you will develop a multi-channel strategy to accelerate growth and work cross-functionally with sales, product, and customer support. You should have expertise in campaign management, paid media, online events, marketing operations, and analytics. You need to be results-oriented, data-driven and have expertise in the multi-channel approach to generate leads and create sales pipeline. You understand the customer journey, each influencer within the decision making process, and leverage customer insights to design your campaigns.
If you are passionate about customer acquisition, campaign strategy, product-led growth, and e-commerce, then this will be a great next challenge for you.
What you’ll do:
- Build and execute end-to-end campaigns that create demand and accelerate opportunities (inclusive of paid media, email, virtual events, ABM and content syndication).
- Own funnel and pipeline metrics. Develop reporting on key KPIs, assess pipeline health, and identify key challenges and priorities.
- Partner closely with the go-to-market team to ensure quality lead delivery and proper follow-up according to established SLAs. Build a consistent feedback loop to improve and optimize the lead hand-off process
- Develop acquisition and budget forecasts to assist with spend optimization decisions. Report against campaign performance, budgets, ROI, LTV, and other key metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness through better audience segmentation (industries, roles), marketing techniques, and processes.
- Lead the management of our marketing automation stack (Marketo, Segment, Drift, etc).
- Follow the evolving MarTech & demand landscape to leverage new processes and technology to continuously improve our demand generation operations.
- Coach a team of marketers to execute a multi-channel demand generation strategy and drive key business metrics (MQLs, SQLs, Opportunities)
What we’re looking for:
- A proven demand gen leader. You have a track record of exceeding pipeline and revenue targets.
- 7+ years demand generation experience. You know how to balance strategies across paid, web, webinars, email, content promotion, events, ABM, and more.
- Prior experience with B2B SaaS and product-led companies.
- A deep understanding of integrated campaigns - and inbound and outbound marketing tactics. You know how to create programs that work at each stage of the journey to add value, create engagement, and drive action.
- The ability to prioritize complex projects, be accountable to timelines, and collaborate with multiple teams. Great at building cross functional relationships.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work closely with leadership and sales teams. Experience working closely with an SDR and outbound sales organization.
- Curiosity. Stay on top of new trends and tactics to uncover opportunities that add business value
- Strong presentation, problem-solving, collaboration, and budget management skills
- Growth mindset with bold ideas, know-how attitude to get things done, and a results-driven approach to work (testing, measuring, iterating).
- You have experience leading and scaling a team - hiring, coaching, and retaining world-class talent
- Fluency or experience in the following tools or systems is a definite plus
- Marketo and Salesforce.com
- Google Analytics
TaxJar is focused on solving the absurdly complicated challenges of sales tax for e-commerce businesses. We were recently acquired by Stripe to join them on their mission of growing the GDP of the internet. Stripe and TaxJar are a natural fit, both in terms of mission and culture. We are an inclusive team that values different perspectives. We set ambitious goals, and work together collaboratively -- not letting egos get in the way of great work. Stripe and TaxJar are full of people who love a challenge, and never stop being curious and growing. We look forward to learning what you could bring to our team!
Apply for this position