Head of Compliance
WordPress VIP is the leading provider of enterprise WordPress, trusted by brands like CNN, Facebook, and Capital One. We’re looking for an experienced leader to achieve and maintain compliance and privacy standards including GDPR, FedRAMP, ISO27K, SOC. We offer flexible, remote work arrangements allowing our team members to work from almost anywhere.
- Be the compliance expert at WordPress VIP.
- Build, scale, and manage our compliance team to support our needs as an enterprise-focused, distributed company.
- Engage and consult with executive and senior leaders to align security programs with strategic business goals and tactical initiatives.
- Manage, maintain, and implement the controls required to maintain and extend certifications and compliances (ISO 27001, SOC, FedRAMP).
- Ensure execution of required testing and auditing activities by internal and external parties leading to successful certification of the company on an ongoing basis.
- Triage and manage all compliance-related priorities.
- Represent compliance across different company functions.
- Work across product, engineering, systems, and legal teams to identify and manage privacy, data protection risks, and compliance requirements to help meet business needs.
- More than 8 years related experience with 5 years in leadership roles.
- Knowledge of information security management frameworks, such as FedRAMP, ISO 27001, SOC 2.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and empower cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience with Cloud computing and containerization tools (Kubernetes).
- Understanding of International, Federal, State, and Local laws concerning data acquisition, protection, and transmission.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: All company travel is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
These are exciting times at WordPress VIP and you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our platform.
How we work:
- We're fully distributed! This isn’t your typical work from home job. Everyone works from the location they choose. We’re spread out all over the world in more than 70 countries.
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed and principles.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We open-source! We’re cool with open-sourcing everything except passwords, or secret keys.
- We ship often, deploying many times daily with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce around the world.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in [automattic-country-count] countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
Apply for this position