Frontend Staff Software Engineer (EMEA)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast. As part of our Engineering team, you'll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful software engineer who is passionate about building great products, someone who adapts quickly to working with different teams, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
About the job
- Contribute and advocate for our engineering standards and best practices where you are also expected to lead by example.
- Contribute towards and improve our tech stack which includes technologies such as React, TypeScript, Styled Components, and Webpack.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Drive the collaboration with stakeholders across the department to identify and build on improvements to our engineering processes, systems, architecture and guide our technical vision.
- Share your knowledge and learnings across the organisation via chapter talks and internal/external posts.
- Identify opportunities to reduce incident impact and detection time.
- 7+ years of professional experience with component-based architecture using declarative rendering libraries such as React and Angular.
- Proven track record in writing different types of Frontend automated tests.
- Accustomed to working cross-functionally in an agile, mid-sized, development environment.
- A passion for software engineering and excellence and working with others to level up the technology and practices in an engineering department.
- Professional experience with system architecture and modularisation, especially in the context of single-page applications.
- Familiarity with automated builds and Continuous Delivery.
- A pragmatic engineer who actively avoids over-engineering and understands how to inspire others through a co-created technical vision.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization and demonstrate the ability to both diagnose and prevent the above problems.
- You are able and eager to share your thoughts on current and future web technology trends
- Ability to convey complex concepts to a broad audience through written and verbal communication.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s core values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party.
The compensation range for this role is €95,000 to €125,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.
Apply for this position