Finance Assistant, US
Working with Us:
You will support all aspects of BRYTER’s bookkeeping, financial management, ad-hoc analyses, and some month-end reporting as well as other ad hoc tasks. Working in a dynamic and very fast-moving tech business, the role requires the individual to be a fast learner and open-minded about evolving finance and administration tasks to support the needs of BRYTER as we grow. We expect you to be happy to do your daily routines and also show a willingness to learn new, more advanced tasks as you gain experience.
This is an amazing opportunity for you to shape your role whilst we build BRYTER’s Finance function to be best-in-class. As this is a newly created role, you will have the chance to make this your own and decide where you want to go with it.
You will be accountable for the Accounts Payable function and make sure our supplier accounts are in tip-top shape by:
- Setting up new supplier accounts in the system with all the correct details/information
- Managing W-9 forms and supporting 1099 reporting
- Processing purchase invoices and ensuring they are authorized for payment
- Owning Spendesk: setting up new users, expense training, processing expenses and chasing missing receipts, managing virtual and physical credit cards
- Resolving supplier queries and reconciling supplier accounts in the system
- Preparing periodic payment runs in various currencies
You will keep our Accounts Receivable function running by:
- Setting up new client accounts in the system
- Preparing sales invoices to be sent out in a timely manner to our clients
- Monitoring incoming receipts, chasing late payments, and performing credit control
- Resolving client queries and reconciling client accounts in the system
You will support the team with various other tasks such as:
- Periodically reconciling our bank accounts
- Actioning and reconciling prepayments and other balance sheet accounts at month-end
- Providing support to the month-end closing process
- Assisting with the annual audit
- Maintaining financial records and filing systems, ensuring they are audit-ready
What we are looking for:
- A strong work ethic and attitude outweigh formal qualifications. You don’t need to be degree educated but at a minimum, you’ll be educated to college-level with A-levels in numerate and/or business-related subjects.
- You have 1 - 2 years of experience in running effective administrative and financial systems, ideally within a tech environment.
- Due to the nature of the business, you will need to be very IT literate and have good Excel and broader Microsoft Office skills. Netsuite knowledge is a plus.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are based in the New York or Boston area.
- You are enthusiastic, driven, willing and able to learn quickly to develop yourself and your skill set over time.
- You are well organized, structured, and hard-working. You are able to work autonomously as well as collaboratively maintaining high levels of service and strong attention to detail.
- You want to contribute to growing a small admin & finance team to a best-in-class organization.
What we offer:
- We are a remote-first company with offices in London, Boston, New York, Berlin, Frankfurt, and Dublin.
- Opportunities for growth and career development. Our Finance team is growing fast, and you will build it together with us.
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality.
- We cover up to 5 days of training or conferences per year, including travel and entrance fee. Additionally, BRYTER covers all costs for books and online courses, based on a fair-use policy. And all that without lengthy, complicated processes or approvals. We trust you!
- Work with experienced entrepreneurs and benefit from their experience and know-how.
- Participation in scaling a great product to global reach with extremely fast growth.
- Opportunities to broaden your professional network.
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement. Participation in the Company ESOP.
Who are we?
We supercharge services by enabling business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our software is intuitive and simple enough for non-IT experts to understand within minutes, yet powerful enough and enterprise-ready for industries with complex reasoning and demanding use cases. We cater to among others, experts in law, finance, tax, and compliance by helping them automate and standardize decision making.
Start a conversation with us! Just say hi, tell us why you’re interested in working with us and attach your CV and any portfolio material.
Apply for this position