TaxJar’s remote-only team of 200+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for an Engineering Manager who wants to help us make eCommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We know that we're better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
As an Engineering Manager for TaxJar you will:
- Lead a high performing engineering team
- Be a decision maker in a fast paced, agile environment
- Conduct 1-1s with your reports and assist them in their career growth
- Work with product owners to ensure the backlogs are always filled and prioritized
- Demonstrate the ability to manage in a fully remote environment
- Be the primary point of contact in TaxJar for your team
- Protect the happiness and output of your engineers
- Run standups, retrospectives, and post-mortems
- Report team health and progress metrics to upper leadership
- Help in sizing and hiring for existing and new teams
- 3 - 6 years of experience in management at start-up to mid-level companies
- A deep understanding of web applications, SaaS products, and fintech
- An expert in keeping your team laser focused and protected from external distractions
- Well versed in working with a Product Team and stakeholders
- Can manage projects from epic creation to the final deployment
- Ability to write clear and accurate reports on team & project metrics
- Be accountable to your reports in helping them progress in their careers
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Worked with agile methodologies
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you:
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Once you apply, we highly encourage you to check your spam and promotion folders for application updates. Please visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our amazing benefits for full-time employees, and to learn more about our values and how we work. You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Apply for this position