Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
Remote is fully remote (ah!) and we love Working Async. This means you get to do your own schedule no matter the timezone. The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
You'll be joining 100 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into development teams composed with engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an Engineering Manager, joining our Engineering team.
Must have (professional experience):
- Managed two or more software engineering teams for at least a year
- Solid communication skills
- Proven organisational skills with attention to detail
- Focused on efficient processes with a kind, people-first approach
- Ambitious and intentional about diversity, equality and inclusion
- Solid knowledge of engineering and development principles and best practices
- Being able to inspire others and instill confidence
- Good understand of team dynamics
- Commitment to promoting all of Remote's values within the team and the greater organisation.
- Manage multiple software engineering development teams
- Be involved in hiring processes for the engineering team
- In addition to being involved in hiring, also being responsible for the onboarding process of new engineers
- By being the spokesperson for everyone in their teams; they are expected to manage the team dynamics and bring out the best in them
- Giving continuous and constructive feedback on all the things
- Provide guidance and coaching
- Follow the engineering manager career requirements defined here
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- Team: Engineering
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with our recruiter
- (async) Exercise
- (async) Exercise review
- Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview with the team (you'll get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Interview with our VP of Engineering
- Background Check
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below.
Apply for this position