Director of Product Marketing
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
Our core values:
- We know that we're better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
TaxJar is seeking a curious, analytical, and creative product marketing leader with deep experience in SaaS, eCommerce, or Fintech products and B2B audiences to own and drive the positioning, messaging, GTM strategy, partner marketing, and sales enablement for TaxJar.
You’ll be the team leader for all product, partner, and industry marketing. You will build the framework for executing our go-to-market plans through analysis of the market, technical knowledge of our product, and deep understanding of our audience. You will engage with audiences both internal and external to define the target customer(s) and stay ahead of industry trends. You’ll work alongside product, sales, partnerships, and customer success to formulate the right approach for targeting each customer, while communicating our product and company strengths. From campaign development to product launches to ongoing sales & partner engagement, you’ll contribute technical content, customer insights, and subject matter expertise.
In this role, you will:
Lead all aspects of Go-To-Market
- You will build and inspire an outstanding product marketing team - inclusive of partner and solutions marketers, and lead the team in developing go-to-market strategies across our products.
- Identity and develop product positioning, value propositions, messaging framework, and competitive strategy for our target markets that differentiates our product and company.
- Orchestrate campaigns and launches for our core offering, new product releases, and partner integrations.
- Collaborate with sales, development, partnerships, and success to ensure customer feedback is documented and included in the product roadmap, positioning, and campaigns.
- Use market research and competitive intelligence to define and evolve the way we position our products in the market.
- Work cross-functionally to listen to customers & prospects, and continuously evaluate and iterate packaging and pricing.
- Define new markets and develop product strategy to enter and grow in these markets
- Define new markets and develop strategy to enter and grow in these markets
Serve as a subject matter expert
- Create core content for website, marketing decks, and product literature. Contribute to marketing content for newsletters, email campaigns, and ads. Develop written & video product assets and provide subject matter expertise for all marketing campaigns and efforts.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver sales enablement for key business initiatives and support sales activities with content and product expertise as necessary.
- Promote products at key customers, trade shows and other events
- Own analyst relations and deliver periodic analyst inquiries and briefings on the company and product growth.
- Contribute to the creation of collateral, decks, blogs, press materials, analyst updates.
- Deliver webinars, blogs, articles, and other collateral as necessary on topics.
- Lead the development of holistic product narratives in core marketing assets.
Serve as a coach
- As a leader and mentor, you’ll help to develop the skills of your team so they are able to achieve their career goals and the company’s goals
- You’ll act as a strategic thought partner for the product and partner marketing teams
- You’ll roll up your sleeves to contribute to the success of releases and campaigns
- You’ll contribute to the development of team infrastructure (process, templates, trainings, etc) that will help the team scale and be more efficient
Be a cross-functional strategic partner
- Establish collaborative relationships with product, sales, partnerships, engineering, operations, and customer success.
- Be a trusted partner to the product team. Relay customer, sales, and market insights, to help inform product roadmap decisions and strategy. Help establish and communicate product and campaign results.
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership.
- Communicate proactively and consistently across teams - sharing insights and seeking feedback.
Requirements (We are looking for people who):
- 10+ years of product marketing experience in majority B2B business, preferably in Technology, SaaS, or eCommerce; Has depth of expertise in growing businesses through sustained engagement and acquisition
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Proven track record working collaboratively across product, sales, partnership, and customer success teams to set strategy, take new products and features to the market, and continuously drive impact.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills. You are a skilled storyteller and strategic thinker who can develop compelling, differentiated and memorable narratives for any product, and coach others to do the same.
- Strong technical literacy with ability to convey complex technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences
- Are a strong presenter and communicator with experience interacting with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Are highly organized and have a high level of accountability for the quality and outcomes of your work and your team’s work.
- Has the ability to prioritize and focus on high impact initiatives to deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Excel at working through complexity across teams to achieve a shared goal.
- Adapt quickly to the evolving needs of a high-growth company.
- Willingness to learn and grow - and coach your team to do so as well
- Experience motivating and challenging teams and individuals at all levels of an organization, both directly, indirectly, and cross-functionally at varying career levels.
- Excel at working remotely (Basecamp, chat, Zoom, etc)
- Curious, creative, and collaborative team player who consistently communicates internally and externally.
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company retreats (virtual for now, and fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
Once you apply, we highly encourage you to check your spam and promotion folders for application updates. Please visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our amazing benefits for full-time employees, and to learn more about our values and how we work. You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Apply for this position