Director of Product Engineering
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, we are seeking a seasoned Director of Engineering to own our Feature group of teams. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of technology and people management skills and lead with empathy. Cross-functional agility is essential and this leader will work closely with product and engineering leadership to evangelize Recharge and create an exceptional feature experience for our customers.
What you’ll do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Hire and grow your Product Feature teams with A+ engineering talent; build and maintain a culture of speed, excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback in engineering.
- Develop and drive forward a strategic roadmap in collaboration with VP of Engineering and CTO.
- People manage and mentor software development managers and provide career growth guidance for group consisting of frontend, backend and quality engineers.
- Dive deep into technology and be on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our teams.
- Measure and report on team execution; coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your group.
What you’ll bring
- Typically, 12+ years of experience in fast paced engineering environments
- 7+ years of working closely with product teams on features within SaaS, ecommerce, B2B companies
- 5+ years managing managers and multiple agile development teams, preferably distributed
- Strong people leadership and role-model for technical excellence; exceptional delegation and people management skills
- Excellent operational and organizational skills with the ability to partner with recruiting to effectively scale teams
- Experience in a modern web stack and cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Track record of delivery in complex, high growth technical environments
- Desire and ability to work remote-first in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Engineering at Recharge
- Our values set our tone and pace! We make every day count as if it were Day One. Our collective success is driven by our individual Ownership. We communicate with care and Empathy. And we approach every task with a learner's open mind and Humility.
- We look for engineers who have strong coding fundamentals, are pragmatic about getting work done, focus on the customer, understand scale, are adaptable to growth and change, and are self-sufficient enough to thrive in a remote-work environment. Our Engineering Interview Process is designed to focus on these key attributes while giving candidates a candid view into what it’s like to work here.
- Our interview process begins with an informational conversation, followed by one-on-one interviews with cross-functional teammates, and concludes with meeting a technical leader. Teammate sessions include hands-on-keyboard technical assessments as well as reviews of relevant projects and career experience.
- Technical challenges make everyday a growth experience and leadership opportunity for teammates at all levels. We serve increasingly sophisticated e-commerce merchants who need new, flexible, feature-rich APIs. We process billions of dollars in recurring payments and we continually expand to support new e-commerce platforms, payment types, geographies, currencies, data capabilities, and advanced e-commerce workflows.
- Engineering culture at Recharge is inclusive and people focused. This focus is on our merchants, their shoppers, and our teammates. We move fast, deliver quality low-risk changes to production multiple times a day, and work with high trust and efficient collaboration.
- Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, SQLAlchemy and MySQL
- Who we are
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 300+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Apply for this position