Developer Advocate (f/m/d) - Berlin/Remote
Hi there!! We are looking for a Developer Advocate, who will help us improve the most advanced content platform worldwide. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 50,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide, and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery and, Shure.
We are focused on product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user-facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your Team and Role
As a Developer Advocate, you will be the face of GraphCMS. This role is incredibly external facing, with a high demand for content creation, community engagement, and driving product adoption - yet one that also has an internal, business-critical impact. Your focus will be cultivating, empowering, and elevating the many diverse voices that make up not only the GraphCMS community - but also the wider developer community.
As part of the Developer Relations team, you will work in the intersection between our Marketing and Product team. You will have individual accountability and complete support over establishing the short-term tactics and long-term strategy for Developer Relations as we strive towards retaining and growing Organic/Inbound as our strongest channels going forward with a growing focus on the community.
What you will be working on
- External Involvement: Getting involved with open source projects that may or may not be connected to GraphCMS, and contributing to GraphQL tooling. You will be encouraged to get involved with projects and repositories not necessarily connected to our product in order to improve the quality of resources to the wider developer community.
- Champion GraphCMS: As part of the developer relations team, you will be the public face of GraphCMS to the rest of the world. You will be representing GraphCMS at events and conferences (both big and small), and taking the initiative to widen our reach within specific communities through speaking engagements, sponsorships, and workshops, at several events. You will need to be comfortable and familiar with public speaking as you will be the primary person in charge of representing GraphCMS at developer-focused events.
- Community Empowerment: You will be having the best intentions of the wider community first - and encouraging more engagement not necessarily linked to GraphCMS. We believe in supporting developers within the community to build their best, and share a responsibility to engage with and assist them with topics not always relevant to our product. You will be engaging with the community across several owned and social platforms like Reddit, Dev.to, Hackernews, Twitter, etc.
- Content Creation and Education: All the projects you work on as part of your engagement with the community can be open-sourced. Based on that content, you will be writing tutorials for GraphCMS to be published on owned platforms, as well as on external platforms Dev.to, Smashing Magazine, etc. You will be expected to create content in a wide variety of formats (blog posts, tutorials, guides, live streams, code examples, etc.) that equally focus on how various modern languages and frameworks empower the developer community in building projects, as well as on how GraphCMS enables them to do so.
What we expect from you
- You have vast experience of speaking at tech conferences focused on a developer audience, examples of which may include Jamstackconf., Next.js Conf., GraphQL Conf. etc.
- You are energised by being involved with a community - local, technical, or virtual, you love engaging with different tribes and investing your energy to strengthen them.
- Willingness to travel (if and when required depending on offline conferences and events being safely re-introduced)
- You have prior experience as part of the Developer Relations team for an API-first product and are comfortable with the agnostic level of public and internal engagement this role requires.
- You have expertise in and are efficient with several of the core languages and frameworks we use within GraphCMS, such as TypeScript, Next.js, GraphQL, React, Vue, Nuxt.js, and Gatsby, to name a few.
- The ability to learn quickly and keep up to date with the latest changes in the industry.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and preferably a fluency in English.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding and ready to support each other.
- Our “manager of one” work style enables a workplace that is run through trust and empowers people to perform their best.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
Apply for this position
- Intro call with People Manager
- Mini case study or assignment wherever applicable
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s)
- Team-fit conversation