Customer Support Lead (Americas)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in an Eastern or Central Time Zone location: South America, Central America, North America, or the Caribbean. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we're building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We're looking for a hands-on Technical Support Team Lead who has a passion for developing an accountable support team in a remote environment.
You will lead a team responsible for taking care of hundreds of Hotjar users every week to ensure they get the services they need to be successful using our product. You'll also manage your team through the process of designing and scaling projects to evolve our customer experience.
Your team consists of enthusiastic problem-solvers dedicated to identifying root causes of customer pain points and empathizing with users through carefully crafted written communication. You'll be responsible for developing the team and enabling them to adapt to an evolving product and customer experience.
- Lead and develop a support team focusing on all technical areas of Hotjar's product.
- Coach, mentor, and further develop members of your team. Conduct recurring 1:1s with all team members focusing on supporting, developing, and helping unblock them.
- Improve support performance and experience by enhancing the team's processes and workflows based on data analysis.
- Be open and empathetic with continuous feedback to your team, and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Investigate and identify the cause of customer concerns and issues, working with multiple teams to identify solutions and opportunities.
- Work with our Support Leads & Director to achieve company and team objectives.
- Work with other team leads across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- Report directly to the Director of Support and work with them on hiring and coverage planning.
- 3+ years experience in customer support, technical account management or customer success with at least 1+ years experience as a customer support leader at a B2C or B2B software company.
- Experience leading an outcome-driven support team, including measuring success through metrics and KPIs and running experiments to learn more about how to offer the best service to users.
- Because of our product’s technical nature, you must understand how websites work and be able to troubleshoot HTML and CSS issues in web browser-based developer tools.
- Natural at problem-solving - with a vast range of customers using a complex product, it’s a crucial part of the job.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party partner.
The compensation range for this role is $85,000 to $115,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
Apply for this position