Customer Support & Billing Management (Americas)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in an Eastern or Central Time Zone location: South America, Central America, North America, or the Caribbean. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in this region. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
Reporting to Billing Support Lead, we’re looking for a passionate Customer Support agent to join our billing team! Obsessing over our users is one of the key Hotjar values, so you’ll help us continue to deliver outstanding billing and account management support to our customers.
You will take care of hundreds of Hotjar customers every week, via chat and email, to ensure they get the reactive support they need to be successful using our product. You’ll also work on billing and account management-related projects to evolve our customer experience, reporting back insights to our Product teams, and keep our documentation updated as the tool evolves.
You’ll be an enthusiastic problem solver, with a keen desire to keep going until the issue is solved. Your customer empathy will come through in your writing style and great tone of voice. You’ll be comfortable adapting quickly and openly to changes, and keen to always learn and apply these insights to your work - with failures an inevitable part of your experiments.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves helping people and is looking to further their career in a customer-facing role.
- Provide support to our valued customers via Zendesk, using chat and email
- Communicate crucial company updates through multiple channels (i.e., in-app messages, emails, blog posts, etc.)
- Help create internal processes that directly impact engagement and improve our service
- Create reports for the product team that highlight customer feedback and sentiment
- Collaborate with other departments, including Product, Engineering, Finance, Sales, and Customer Success
- Manage invoicing and work closely with our finance team to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner
- 2 years in a customer-facing role or a troubleshooting environment where you’ve demonstrated ownership over customer issues, ideally in billing and account management
- Previous experience working in SaaS, e-commerce, or startup
- Natural at problem-solving - with a broad range of customers subscribed to varying pricing plans, it’s a crucial part of the job
- You have great customer empathy and the ability to explain concepts clearly in writing to peers and customers
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party.
The compensation range for this role is $54,000 - $71,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
Apply for this position