AutoFile Customer Experience Specialist
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We know that we're better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
We have an immediate opening for an AutoFile Customer Experience Specialist to join our fast-growing, remote-only team of 180+ people. Customer Experience Specialists will process enrollment forms for customers utilizing our AutoFile service, assist with registering customers in new states for sales tax, coordinate and communicate state changes with customers, and process other timely correspondence.
This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As TaxJar’s AutoFile Customer Experience Specialist you will
- Work with multiple clients, who look to TaxJar to AutoFile their returns, to ensure we gather all the necessary information correctly allowing us to file their returns accurately.
- Help to expedite the overall enrollment process with a paperless workflow
- Verify detailed,sensitive tax data that customers submit to us to achieve client satisfaction and returns to ensure client satisfaction
- Confirm the software is functioning accurately to allow quick and efficient return preparation and propose updates as needed
- Be comfortable working async with self motivated projects and resources
- Research state filing and registrations requirements to provide best AutoFile experience
- Complete special projects (State research, contacting customers regarding changes, proposing workflow improvements) per instructions provided.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with customers on time-sensitive items
- Collaborate and communicate with various departments (compliance, engineering, product, sales, and support) to resolve issues as needed
- Manage workload effectively to meet deadlines
- Basic Computer Knowledge (MS Office/ Excel/GSuite)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be self-reliant and work independently
- Be able to contribute to team level goals
- Sales tax experience a plus
- Experience monitoring and managing ticket queues a plus
- Desire to learn and adapt to changes in a constantly evolving tax technology space
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- You want a 100% remote career
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable for your work
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really enjoy what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit-
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- Company retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our full-time employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
Apply for this position